Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Chloe's Doll House



Chloe's Doll house has been in the planning stages for about 5 months , I had asked my brother-in-law Gary Colvin if he could make one for her 8th birthday on March 31st.
 I had found the furniture at The Second Hand Rose Thrift Store in winter Haven, I found the red furniture first and then was wanting more ,as I needed the table ,chairs  & etc.about a month later they had more and with the table & chairs so I got those also ,but I still could not find a couch or bed , that was ok I was going to buy ther plastic doll furntiure from walmart but they sold out at christmas and did not reorder any.When I went to Mom's in Feburaury I made the mini quilts you see above .
There were some problems about how I wanted the house to look so it was put aside until I arrived back at Mom's just last week , with it being spring break for the kids I decided to take Chloe with me for her birthday , we got there on sat. I then left Chloe with her great grandmother to see how the house was coming along and it was looking good and I pointed out that I wanted the roof the way it looks now simply because I thought the roof could be used as an outside room or whatever she wanted it to be .
Then My sister, Tina and I made the bed out of leftover wood , I was going to wait until the 31st to give her the house, but Gary had it done on monday so I decided to go ahead and give it to her that afternoon simply because she was bored .........so we got it back to Mom's and I made the curtians , sheets and pillow cases ,Mom made 2 yarn crocheted rugs , I also made bunk beds out of cardboarb boxes and dowels .That will not last long and I will try to make another one out of wood  .
After Chloe started playing with it she moved furniture around several times !
At this time the House is sitting in my living room , I plan to add wallpaper, carpet, pictures, lamps & etc. we will make some mini dishes and accessories out of clay and I may keep that project for the summer while they are home from school.Should be fun !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated.I would love to know your thoughts ,Thank You.