Saturday, July 17, 2010

Water Color Quilt

This was a very time consumming quilt to make with lots of different types of flower fabric, so it took awhile to just get enough flower fabric to make this,there are 1,638  2" squares ,the overall size of the quilt after the boarder is 86" X 92".
I was thinking it was a queen size but it is just the correct size for my twin bed and still have enough to allow for the pillows .
I got the idea from when Jane gave me a book called Watercolor Impressions by Pat Maixner Margaret & Donna Ingram Slusser.
I did not want to make one just like the others so I come up with this design ,I just started putting the pieces up and this is how it came out  . My plans of quilting it was to quilt it in art form however ,my hands cannot handle hand quilting for very long, I had then atemped to machine quilt it on my Phaff at the time ,it was very difficult to do and then the machine messed up, so I put it away 2 years ago and got it back out of the closet just last month, then I did not realise I had done as much as I did ,so I took it with me to Mom's and finished it there with my new Janome machine .
  The quilting design is in heart shapes with the feather loops around the hearts and strippling around each of those .I plan to enter it in the quilt show also.
The top photo is of the quilt finished,I asked my sister and a friend to hold it up for me, I wanted it to be up right ,but they said they were not tall enough !

3 comments:

  1. I just did a comment for you and it disappeared , here goes -- its stunning and beautiful , I have done several wall hangings and 1 full bed quilt , I called 4 seasons . Trawl around my blog , they are there somewhere--cottonreel

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated.I would love to know your thoughts ,Thank You.