Monday, March 22, 2010

Under Water Wonders Quilt


        I made this quilt after Jane gave me a book on landscaping Quilts by Nancy and Natiale (Sewing With Nancy ).I brought the fabric at Walmart.Some fabric I have had for years and others I brought at HeartFelt or Suwannee Quilt Shop ,I use the Wonder Under ,cut out and applicaded all the pieces ,ironed them on, then  did Free Motion Sewing with the Phaff machine I had . First I used the invisable thread ,then after adding quilt top to batting and backing I continued with muilti color thread in free motion .
        I made this at Mom's using her quilt board ,I also used the paper glue to put the fish & etc onto it before the sewing , I learned a lesson ,use a thin layer of cotton before making the scene ! I did most of the machine quilting at Mom's also ,what I did not get done there I finished at home  .Then I glued different size pearls all over to represent the bubbles  . I also had some really flimsy shiny fabric that looked like seaweed .
          I entered the Quilt in the Stephen Foster Quilt Show , I did not get a ribbon , the judge seemed top think I over quilted it . I also had it showing in Davenport Quilts & Tea Show in Nov. Then agian in the Blooming Arts show in Bartow , Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated.I would love to know your thoughts ,Thank You.