Friday, March 5, 2010

Grandmothers Irish Quilt

This is the very first quilt I made and was going to put it in the quilt show several years ago ,but I ran out of fabric before I could finish it ,so I put this one aside and made a basket Weave , I will show that one another time .
This one was really not that hard after I brought some more fabric I finally finished it a year later ,it was 112 x 97 ,I machine quilted it on my old singer machine .I was wanting to keep it for myself because of the pink sweet peas in the print . However the following year I made each of my grandchildren all a quilt ,I still needed one more for my oldest grand daughter but I did not have enough time so I gave her this one for her hope chest .
She loved the quilt and had put it away until this year her mother finally took it out for her to use when she came back from Indiana for a visit with her first child .Some day I plan to make another one like this but different colors .

1 comment:

Your comments are much appreciated.I would love to know your thoughts ,Thank You.