Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Inspired By Montano

I brought this book from Suwannee Valley Quilt Shop in Trenton Florida ,on our way back to Auburndale ,Fl. from Live Oak,Fl. my sister Rexa and I decided to stop there because she has never been there .I could not resist this book, it broke me but thats ok it has inspired me to get back into more crazy quilting .The book is "Elegant Stitches by Judith Baker Montano"
All these old hankies, dollies & laces were in a basket that I have had stored in a dresser for 2 or 3 years ,I had forgotten about them until I went through it agian , most of all this came from the quilt show in Davenport when they had the Quilters Dream Closet ,I did not have to pay much for them , I was amazed that anyone could sell them !
See the one hankie in the lower left corner with a green 4 leaf clover ,it says pure irish linen, it is pretty old & stained, I think it just makes it look more anitque.
Here is a couple of pictures from inside the book , can you see why it is inspirational !
Some of the laces you see is lace I have had longer than the hankies, this hankie on the book looks very delicate, I am thinking I will make small wall hangings out of most of these as they may not hold up in a quilt ,even a shadow box with some old jewery and tinkets would be wonderful !
I can't wait to get started on these but I have several other things that have to come first ,so this is another one for the back burner for now.

3 comments:

  1. I have seen that book. I have a couple of other books on silk ribbon embroidery and making crazy quilts. I love the old linens and one of these days I am making a crazy quilt and using some of the old linens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be beautiful! I love sewing with vintage hankies, etc.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boss gave me this book for Christmas last year. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated.I would love to know your thoughts ,Thank You.