Monday, May 17, 2010

Old Barn

Several years ago when my nephew was still in collage ,he came home for a visit while I was at mom's .We both agreed to get together and paint the same object and we decided on the Old Barn or Shed  in his folks yard , I am thinking the barn is a good 100 yrs old , the photo of it is the front of the barn and the painting is the back of it . as you can see the barn is falling apart .I hope they can fix it as I hate to see old buildings being tore down.
Also I used the drawing -painting on my header for this blog .We used pencil and watercolor paint , then later on I added the black ink for detail work .I don't know what Jason did with his but his painting was different from mine as all artist never paint the same way .

2 comments:

  1. The barn is going to be taken down, hopefully before it falls. There is not much holding it up now and no way to get up on the roof to fix it. So sorry it will be gone soon. Save the picture.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Ok if it has to be taken down then pls. save me some of the wood to paint on .I love to paint on old barn wood .Who knows you might discover something you did not know was there too .

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated.I would love to know your thoughts ,Thank You.