Monday, November 29, 2010

Tatting

I saw a lady at the Quilt Show as a vendor and she was tatting away on some lace she was making, I asked her if it was easy to do , she said once you get used to it, yes. It looks hard to me !
My Mom's mother did tatting work before she passed away while Mom was a child . Mom had some of her lace stored away ,I never knew about it until we started working on the first family heirloom crazy quilt, so we put some of that on it .
I just had to buy some of this lady's tatting work, I brought the 4 butterflies the first day , then I had to go back the next day to pick up my quilts after the show, so I went early and brought the long piece and I was telling her about the crazy quilted bible covers I was making,  so she gave me the one with the green ribbon and then I brought the heart and she gave me the 2 tone pink and ivory piece!
She is a wonderful lady and I hope to see her agian . She gave me her card in case I wanted to order more , She was showing me a crown she made that was about 5 or 6 inches high, it was beautiful, I wish I would have taken a picture of it. If I ever see her agian I will be sure to take more pictures .
               Her name is:  Edith Wooley-Needlework Instructor
                             Tatting,Crazy Quitling , Silk Ribbon Embroidery
                                       From Plant City , Florida
          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated.I would love to know your thoughts ,Thank You.