Saturday, June 4, 2011

Remote Control caddy

I made this for Mom because 
whenever I would visit we would both be using the end table for sewing stuff ,our cups or glasses ,& etc.,  the remotes would always be in the way!

 So I found this piece of heavy cotton or maybe it was a dacron, not sure ,anyway I folded it lenght wise about 32 inches long ,sewed together and turned
                     Then I laid the remotes on it to get the proper length for that and pinned for 2 pockets
                                         I used a fancy stitch all around and for the pockets, there you have a Remote Caddy.... I made it long enough to lap over the arm chair and tucked the plain end down the side of the cushions.Really gave us lots more space , I have seen them made before in books ,so I decided she needed one too . She loves it !
      This is also a good idea for paper ,pens and what ever anyone wants to put in it ,extra pockets would be good too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl!
    I like this remote holder--it is so simple! I have a bunch of felted wool--I think I might try to make one out of that. Thanks for the idea!! You are so clever!!

    Deb from clutteredquilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated.I would love to know your thoughts ,Thank You.