Sunday, June 9, 2013

Turdor Costume (Spain)

This Costume was made by myself back in the early 70's for our family costume shop.At that time it was called Schoonover's Costume Rentals owned by my Mom and Dad, Chester and Daisy Schoonover.
She started her business at home in a Florida room, then we got so big we needed a bigger place, so they rented a building next to Haven Furniture. We were there for several years and then moved downtown Winter Haven on Central Ave.
 I was the head designer for costumes , This was my first Turdor Costume I ever made and it took me many hours doing the bead work and trim, some was sewn by machine, but most was done by hand. I had made a Spanish Dancer Costume too .we rented this many times! I made a couple more but nothing like this one.
I wish I had a better picture, I will show more costumes here and there, I love making them and had made many hundreds of different costumes , and paper mache' heads too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated.I would love to know your thoughts ,Thank You.