Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mirror's For The Blue Birds

Several times when we went to Mom's we would see a blue bird land on the car mirror's, Mom had said that is the only time she see's them. So Tina decided to come up with a plan , ,she had several small mirrors at home, then went to town and came back with the round ones.
Then while Rexa and I was making the cushions for the swing Tina made these ,One for Mom , with the red, one for herself and one for me, mine is the smallest .


When Tina brought the round ones they came with a part to hang them with, at first she was going to hang it on the tree ,then we decided it would be better if the bird had a place to land to look in the mirror, so Tina took one home with her to show Gary and this is what he came up with , the wood platform !! He burned the wood to make it look like this ,so he made 2 and Mom's is now hanging on the tree right where she can see it from the porch swing.
Mom loves it ,hopefully the bluebird will too.
I may not put mine outside ,I have it laying on a table with a quilt top for now.

1 comment:

  1. those are just beautiful! I think i would have used small pegs around the mirrors to give them multiple perches. I get three pair of blue birds every year, maybe if they work ill have to try to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated.I would love to know your thoughts ,Thank You.